The Divvy Details
Once you've created a request form and shared it throughout your organization, you'll likely start receiving notifications of new requests on a regular clip. Obviously those notifications will provide you with a direct route to review each request, but as part of our Content Requests module, you have an all-new content requests moderation area located within the Ideas interface (main nav).
Snuggled next to the Parking Lot tab, you'll see the new Content Requests tab, which displays a list view of all submitted content requests. Moderators can monitor this list, review new submissions, and decide next steps.
A few things to note on this view:
- Much like other Divvy interfaces, you can leverage filters and create saved views/lists
- New request submissions will display in BOLD, like your email inbox
- Content requests have a status, which can be New, Reviewed, Approved, Converted, or Denied
- A single click on a request will open a preview of the submitted data
- A double click will take you to the request detail view (shown below).
- A live search function is available to help you quickly locate a request or filter by a certain keyword/phrase
- CSV export and print functions are available if needed
Editing a Request Submission
If changes or edits need to be made to a request, both admins and moderators can make necessary changes in both the request preview slide-in, or within the Content Request detail view (shown below).
The full detail view looks much like the Sandbox interface, so you should be familiar with the process. The main difference is that moderators have the ability to either convert the request into a full content item, or deny the request, which will archive it and notify the requester (depending on the notification preferences in place).
As always, if you have feedback on improvements or run into a bug, please submit a support ticket or email us at support [at] divvyhq.com.