Send to WordPress Overlay
So how do you send your draft to WordPress? Within Divvy's Sandbox interface, you'll notice a Send to WordPress button available when viewing the Details and Content tab. Clicking this button will bring up the Send to WordPress overlay.
Within this overlay, you must complete the following required fields:
- Site name - select the applicable WordPress site
- Post Title - Pulls from the content item title, but can be modified
- Author - Pulls from your list of WordPress users.
- Categories - Pulls in your current Wordpress categories list, must select at least one
If the user sending the post to WordPress is also an author on your WordPress instance, they will automatically be selected as the Author within the overlay.
Images attached to the content item in DivvyHQ will show as optional images that you can sync to your WordPress instance. You can also select an attached image to be your featured image. Any embedded images in the WYSIWYG of the content tab will be automatically selected and synced.
Any keywords that have been input into your content item that don't exist as tags in your WordPress instance will automatically be populated in the Send to WordPress Keyword field within the overlay, and added as new tags in your WordPress instance. Keywords that already exist as tags in your WordPress instance and on the Content Item will automatically be selected and synced to your WordPress post.
When complete, hit Send to Wordpress
After you hit the Send to WordPress button, all those wonderful words that you tirelessly crafted will be waiting for you, as a draft, in your WordPress instance.
A Few Final Notes
- When the post gets published in WordPress, the user who gets credited with publishing the WordPress post in Divvy is the user who initially sent the post WordPress.
- The Summary/Description field will populate the excerpt field in WordPress.
- You cannot sync cloud based attachments to your WordPress instance.