Divvy accounts allow for multiple Global Admins, which makes it pretty simple to add, change, or remove an admin from an account. Follow the steps below to execute your desired change.
Adding a New Admin
By default, the user who created your Divvy account is set as the Global Admin. To add other users as Global Admins, complete the following:
- As the admin, click your name in the upper right of the platform and select Account Admin
- Then click the Team Members tab found in the top left
- On the Team Members tab, hover over the team member to which you wish to give admin permissions
- Click the View/Edit Member link within the row of that user's name
- Within the Assign Roles overlay, click the Promote as Global Admin link (shown below)
If successful, you'll see a success message display at the top of your screen. Note that this role change does not have an email notification associated to it, so you'll want to let the new admin know about their updated permissions.
Changing/Removing An Admin
If the original admin needs to be removed or their role has changed, it's important to have another admin established before removing that user. When you're ready to revoke an admin's permissions, follow these steps:
- As a Global Admin, return to the Team Members interface
- Click the View/Edit Member link of the admin of whom you wish to revoke privileges
- Within the Assign Roles overlay, click the Revoke Global Admin privileges link (shown below)
Quick Note: If you are removing an admin completely from your account, we recommend revoking their admin role first, then deleting them and reassigning any content they might own.