When you're ready to start adding content to one of your Divvy calendars, you have two options.
Option 1 is to click the orange "+" icon in the header bar (right side) and select Content Item. This will trigger the Add New Content Item overlay/form. This action can be performed no matter where you are throughout the application.
Option 2 allows you to add a new content item directly from the calendar interface by hovering over the top left corner of a specific day and clicking the "+Content" link. This will also trigger the Add New Content Item overlay and automatically fill in the deadline date, based on the day from which you started.
The Add New Content form is broken up into a three sections:
- Required fields - see asterisks
- Optional fields
- Content Strategy fields
If you just need to get a content project entered quickly, just fill out the required fields and click SAVE.
If it's important for your team or your process to have more information entered on the content project, here's some explanation of each of the optional fields available on this form.
- Description - Provide more explanation or instruction on the content item
- Status - Content items in Divvy follow a basic, content-centric workflow. You can decide in what stage this content item will begin.
- Workflow - When custom workflows have been built, a single custom workflow can be selected, which will prompt the system to create that workflow within the content item upon SAVE.
- Campaigns* - If/when campaigns have been added, the content item you're adding can be associated to one of more campaigns via this dropdown menu.
- Priority - Content items can have a Low, Medium, or High priority. This is a filterable fields throughout the application.
- Assign - Should you desire that more team members be assigned to collaborate on this content item, you can select them via this team member selector.
- Private (toggle) - Content items can be set as private, which will hide the item from all other users except for those who are specifically assigned to the item.
*NOTE: To cut down on campaign clutter, the campaign dropdown will only show campaigns associated to the selected calendar that are currently active or ran within the last 6 months. To add a campaign to a content item that falls outside of these parameters, add the content item and then associated it via the sandbox interface.
Content Strategy Fields (Tagging)
Once you select a calendar in the add new overlay, you have the option to tag the content item with any appropriate content strategy metadata that you've configured in your account. Selecting the Add Content Strategies checkbox will expand the overlay and present you with the available content strategy fields.
Saving Your New Content Item
From here, you have a few options for saving the content item.
- Clicking “Park It” (left side) will save this content item in DivvyHQ’s Parking Lot, the storage area for content ideas. You can go to the Ideas area to locate this item later.
- Clicking “Save” will save the content item and close the form so you can go on about your business.
- Clicking “Save and View” will open up the newly created content item's content item slide-in, in View mode. Note: if you are adding a new content item while you are in your Sandbox interface, clicking "Save & View" will open the content item in the Sandbox.
- Clicking "Save and Add" will save the content item you just entered, and prompt another "add new content" window to automatically pop up. Great for creating multiple content items at one time.
As you can see, it's very easy to add new content into DivvyHQ, so get to it!
Please sign in to leave a comment.