This article provides a walkthrough of the features and functionality included with DivvyHQ's Sandbox interface.
The Divvy Details
The DivvyHQ Sandbox is where most of the production and collaboration happens on an individual piece of content. The interface includes several tabs that manage and house all details, deadlines, the content item's production schedule/tasks, the actual content, comments, attachments (assets), and functionality for promoting the content. Continue reading for a detailed description of what's included on each tab and recommendations on how to properly manage an individual content item from idea to promotion.
Sandbox Header & Tabbed Navigation
When you first open a content item in the Sandbox, you'll notice a dark header at the top that includes the content item's Title, it's designated content type icon, a section of tabbed navigation, multiple action buttons, assigned team members and a status (progress) bar. From this header, you can execute the following actions (starting from left to right):
- Send To: Clicking this icon triggers a simple form that let's you send (via email) the content item to other members of your team
- Duplicate: Clicking this icon allows you to duplicate the complete content item, including all details, content, attachments, etc.
- Delete: Clicking this icon will trigger the deletion process, but you'll be asked to confirm the deletion before it happens. Be careful!
- Assign Team Members: Avatars of assigned team members will display here. If you need to assign another team member, click the "+" icon to select them.
- Adjust the Status: Clicking a node on the status bar will update the status of the content item and notify assigned team members.
Due to our analysis of how users interact with content in DivvyHQ, we've redesigned the Details tab to include the most important (and most used) elements of Divvy's content production functionality. The Details tab includes four distinct sections: Overview, Key Dates, Production Schedule, and Content Strategy.
To edit any of the "details" of a content item, click the blue Edit Details button located on the right and the entire tab will switch to edit mode. Simply make your changes and then click Save Changes or Cancel to switch back to the report view. A confirmation message will display at the top once your changes have been saved.
For a deep dive into the various fields, features and functions of the Details tab, check out our deep dive article. (need link)
If/when you wish to produce content directly in DivvyHQ, the Content tab is ready for you. The Content tab technically has two states, a read state and a write state. The read state is displayed when you first land on the Content tab, and can be used to quickly review content or data that has been stored with the full content field. To write content, you'll need to click the Open in Editor button and our HTML editor will be displayed.
We separate the read and write states to ensure data doesn't get overwritten if two people are trying to edit content at the same time. If a user is currently writing or editing a piece of content, the write state is locked for other users.
(insert screenshot that points out the "locked for editing" message).
For a deep dive into the features and functionality of the Content tab, read this.
Storing visual assets, content drafts and other reference materials is another popular aspect of our platform, so we've given attachments their own tab. More space means larger thumbnails and a better user experience. Docked at the top of this tab, users have three options for attaching files, including:
- Drag & Drop - Drag files directly from your computer's file browser and drop them within the drop zone (dotted rectangle).
- Choose a File Link - Click this to trigger your file browser and select which files you wish to attach.
- Attach from Cloud - If you've stored files in Dropbox, Box or Google Drive, you can attach the shared file URL.
For more details on the features of our attachments tab, check out our deep dive article here.
This tab is a new addition to our production area and includes several new features that users have requested over the years. Here's a quick list of the functions that can be performed within the Promotion tab.
- Schedule a New Social Post - Clicking this button will kickstart the social posting process.
- View, Edit or Cancel a Scheduled Social Post - Any posts that you've created and are currently scheduled to post in the future will be listed in this section.
- View Published Social Posts - This area will provide a chronological log of your past promotions of the content item.
As usual, we have a deep dive article that might be useful if you plan on using our social publishing features.
As content teams get bigger and multiple people are involved in producing, editing and approving content, keeping a record of all that activity becomes very important. For this reason, we've dedicated a tab to each content item's activity, which logs a myriad of user events, including: status changes, deadline changes, team member assignments, task completion and file uploads.
If you need to dig deeper, here's more on our Activity Tab.
True publishers already have placeholders plotted on their editorial calendars for future content. Whether it's a weekly blog series, or you participate in Throwback Thursdays, our Series tab will help you get any recurring content series set up quickly.
Check out our deep dive article for step-by-step instructions on setting up a recurring series.
Team collaboration is one of the most important aspects of DivvyHQ. For this reason, we've given the comments panel prime screen real estate and priority over other production elements. No matter what you're doing, or where you are in the DivvyHQ Sandbox, comments will be visible and referenceable in the right column.
That's it folks...Now go create something great!